The Brewing Industry’s Global Economic Impact June 2014
- The brewing industry contributes $500 billion to the world economy and over 13 million people worldwide earn a living from beer.
- Every job in brewing generates a further 17 jobs in the wider economy.
- Each direct job in brewing generates USD 660,000 in output around the world.
- Each hectoliter of beer produced generates approximately USD $100 of tax revenue (or $1 of tax or every litre).
- With USD $500 billion in estimated output and USD $196 billion in tax contributions, the world brewing industry generates taxes at a rate of 39% of output value.